Author Topic: Are you not getting a pop-up box when a member sends you a message?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Russell Ware

• Administrator
  • WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
I randomly noticed today that a member sent me a message almost a month ago, so I realized  that the pop-up box for receiving new messages from members is not a default setting on the new forum ( I don't know how it was set on the old forum, but I always got the pop-up box). It took me a while to figure out how change the setting for messages, but this is how you can do it.

From the Modify Profile tab
Choose Personal Messaging
Click the check box next to the line “Show a popup when I receive new messages.”
Click the Change Profile button on the lower right of the screen to save the change.

Offline Cheryl Watson

• Administrator
  • The HersheyPark Kitty
Re: Are you not getting a pop-up box when a member sends you a message?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 01:26:20 PM »
Yep.... I discovered that on day one... but things were a wee bit Crazy then  :crazy:

Offline Scott Sanders

• Administrator
  • I'll look for iron just about anywhere
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 08:08:44 PM »
Another question regarding messages.......are we still limited to a maximum quantity of messages we can save in our incoming and outgoing messages??  I believe it used to be 50 messages in each.  If that can be changed, how do you change the maximum number??

Thanks,
Scott
Register as a Bone Marrow Donor and give Blood when you can....The life you save is someone's Loved One.  https://bethematch.org/support-the-cause/donate-bone-marrow/

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 05:55:12 PM »
Another question regarding messages.......are we still limited to a maximum quantity of messages we can save in our incoming and outgoing messages??  I believe it used to be 50 messages in each.  If that can be changed, how do you change the maximum number??

Thanks,
Scott

Only limit is 20 pm/hour per person. No limit on storage
"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!" Alice Cooper.

Offline Scott Sanders

• Administrator
  • I'll look for iron just about anywhere
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 11:40:56 AM »
Thanks Greg.
Register as a Bone Marrow Donor and give Blood when you can....The life you save is someone's Loved One.  https://bethematch.org/support-the-cause/donate-bone-marrow/