Author Topic: Feedback - Sells and Buys  (Read 10242 times)

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
Feedback - Sells and Buys
« on: August 30, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »
WAGS members have a very high standard in our ethics with regard to selling and buying cast iron and aluminum cookware.  In response to a recent comment by one of our WAGS members, I thought it would be a great idea to have a feed back section for buys and sales from and by visitors and WAGS members for their transactions.

If you would like to comment on transactions, please post them under this thread.  WAGS members greatly appreciate hearing from customers!!
"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!" Alice Cooper.

Offline Jeff Seago

• Gotta Love WAGS!!!
Re: Feedback - Sells and Buys
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 12:00:10 AM »
If any of the below mentioned individuals have any issues with the words that I am about to say just tell me and I will delete that part of the post.

I would like to put a plug in for Chuck Rogers.  I have dealt with Chuck on many occasions now and he is a top shelf seller!!  I am going to put some things out here that may very well cause Chuck to raise the bar but I would highly doubt that based on my experiences with him.

Chuck Rogers is:
     1. Honest
     2. Respectful
     3. Respectable
     4. Excellent at packaging (one can only tie his packaging not beat it)
     5. Fast at shipping
     6. Very Fair
     7. Absolutely great at seasoning
     8.  All of the above again

I might be fairly new to collecting but I am not fairly new to dealing with people.  Good people are few and far between and Chuck, along with many many many WAGS members (I don't know them all personally or I would say all), are good people.  What else can be said.

Becky Leach:

I have only sold to Becky but she is a true Iowan through and through.  For those of you not from the midwest you probably would not understand.  Being from Iowa bears certain responsibilities that most from our great state cannot live up to.  Becky can!  I sold her a pan and she did not think the price was fair so she sent me and extra $5.  You don't find people like that every day do you??

Judith Holiday:

I have sold to Judith as well.  I screwed up big time and sent her the wrong item and another guy got her item!!  She was completely understanding and I made it right with the both of them as I should have.  I hope that she is happy with the items that I have sent her.  She is also top notch in my book.  She is good people.  

In case you have not figured it out yet being good people is about the highest honor that I can personally bestow upon someone!!

Michelle Brewer:

Sold an item to Michelle and she is good people!  Great communication and I am completely satisfied with the transaction that took place.  I would not be afraid to send her an item and let her check it out before she paid for the item (no questions asked).  Just great to deal with and like I said great communication.

Jerry Cermack:

I have purchased an item from Jerry and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  He was honest and very descriptive.  The shipping was very fast and the item was packed very very well!! Jerry is good people.  The communication was second to none.  Do not be afraid to buy anything from Jerry site unseen!

H. Jesse Dunfee:

Jesse bought some items from me off of EBay.  I hope that he was happy with all of them.  I am sure that I described all of them accurately so I think that he was.  He paid immediately and his communication was also second to none.  He did not know that he was buying from me but I knew it was him!  Just great.  Jesse is good people.  I would also deal with him in a heart beat with no questions asked.

Greg Stahl:

There are not enough words of praise that can be said about the man that is responsible for WAGS!  I have bought three books from Greg but I really wish that I would have bought every cast iron book that I own from him.  www.griswoldandwagner.com is the best website around for purchasing reference books and catalogs form days gone by.  The site also has some very rare items for sale!  Greg is good people!  I would not be afraid to deal with him in any way, shape, or form.

P.S.  I am sure that this list will get far more comprehensive in the future.  As a matter of fact I will have to find a few more people to add to this list that I have forgotten and I apologize to them for that.

kmatlock

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 10:34:27 AM »
I just saw this topic and would like to add Jerry Perry.  He is the reason I joined WAGS.  I asked him to look for a #9 deep skillet for me and he posted it here.  I bought 2 skillets from him that he had listed on Ruby Lane and they came ready to use.  He has gone out of his way for me.  Thanks, Jerry.  

kmatlock

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 10:45:25 AM »
After I joined WAGS and started reading (a little at a time since I have poor vision), I became acquainted with a few more of this elite group.  I say elite because your ethics are excellent and overall, the nicest group you'd ever want to meet (next year, when the convention is in my neck of the woods).  I next want to thank C. Perry Rapier, who helped me enormously with my cast iron Chambers range, is always helpful and kind, and gives me a well-needed chuckle on here.  A toast to you, no, not a roast, a toast.  No, not burnt toast, alcohol toast.  Oh, okay, non-alcoholic toast.  No, it's not rye, it's probably grape juice.  Never mind.  Thank you, Perry, I wouldn't hesitate to buy or sell anything to or from you.  But sorry, no chickens.  They don't allow them here.  Strict rules.  

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 01:52:24 PM »
Hello Kat, thank you for the kind words.  :-[

And Jeff, what about ME? Here is what Jeff wrote about me and then he decided to delete it, but I read it before he deleted it.

Perry Rapier, do not buy anything nor sell this man anything. He is a crook and a thief.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jeff Seago

• Gotta Love WAGS!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 07:44:24 PM »
Perry why would I have deleted that??  The truth hurts sometimes!!   ;D ;D  Folks I am just kidding of course!!

I sold some items to Perry and would do it again in a heartbeat.  He paid promptly and told me just what he wanted and you cannot beat that.  I described the items to him very well and I think that he was probably pleasantly surprised when they arrived.  The only complaint that I have is that he did not rip the package open like a kid at Christmas when he got it but I can't hold that against him!!

Offline Robert Hilman

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »
After I joined WAGS and started reading (a little at a time since I have poor vision), I became acquainted with a few more of this elite group.  I say elite because your ethics are excellent and overall, the nicest group you'd ever want to meet (next year, when the convention is in my neck of the woods).  I next want to thank C. Perry Rapier, who helped me enormously with my cast iron Chambers range, is always helpful and kind, and gives me a well-needed chuckle on here.  A toast to you, no, not a roast, a toast.  No, not burnt toast, alcohol toast.  Oh, okay, non-alcoholic toast.  No, it's not rye, it's probably grape juice.  Never mind.  Thank you, Perry, I wouldn't hesitate to buy or sell anything to or from you.  But sorry, no chickens.  They don't allow them here.  Strict rules.  
Kat, Perry is one of the reasons I joined! He is a sick man! I like that! :)
I hear voices..........and they don't like you!

Prairie_Gal

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 12:44:49 PM »
Aw, Jeff made me blush.   :-[  :)

I second everything said about Chuck (he has a great--if a bit wacky-- sense of humor, and is very generous, too) and Jeff is just the sweetest, most reliable guy (even if he DID go to Iowa State) and Perry made me join Wags with his crazy stories and attentiveness....I've bought from Mark Ritter (excellent transaction) and....oh, my...forgetful...Joe Stephens and Sandy Glenn, as well, with excellent results (and it's clear that all of them cut me considerable $$$ when it came to pricing), as well.

If I've forgotten anyone, please forgive me.  54 has been hitting me hard, lately.  :o

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 07:37:26 PM »
Hello Becky, thank you for the kind words. You know Becky, it ain't been that long ago that we were looking at pictures of your back yard with snow up to to a tall Indians grass. You have probably forgot about that though.  ::)

Prairie_Gal

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 10:30:58 PM »
I would have mentioned that you are my cast iron boyfriend, as well, but I figured someone might take it the wrong way, Perry.  :D :D

Snow?  Snow? You mean that stuff that's STILL IN THE DITCHES between here and Sioux City, as of last Friday?  

(and yet it's been up in the upper 80's several times, already. Spring has sprung with a vengeance and although we were frozen a month ago, I'm already hopelessly behind on all my spring yard/garden chores. Bah!)

Offline C. Perry Rapier

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 11:20:13 PM »
I would have mentioned that you are my cast iron boyfriend, as well, but I figured someone might take it the wrong way, Perry.  :D :D

Becky, I'd be proud to be your cast iron boyfriend. So let whoever take it as they may.  :) ;)

Offline Bryce King

• We love our "Poppy" He buys us Cast Iron
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 01:27:33 PM »
Jeff Seago!  Great guy and very helpful to me.  First he provided me great advice about cleaning and seasoning my first two CI pieces.  He has also answered a few questions concerning WAGS membership and also about pricing some of the CI cookware that I have seen in antique shops in my area.

Now he has provided me with 3 cornbread pans at a very reasonable price.  Jeff, you are the best.  I really appreciate your willingness to help out a "newbie" like me with the questions and to avoid getting stuck with some repo and fake CI stuff.

The pans were packed very well and even if the USPS wanted to destroy the package they could not succeed cause Jeff is a great packer.  

Thanks again Jeff, you are the best!
Have a great day!
Bryce

"Morality is temporary, wisdom is permanent." - Hunter S. Thompson

ALBERT_HUTCHISON

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 09:09:36 AM »
Let us not forget Paul Baker who has helped me put together my slant erie skillet set very quickly..Honest , informative, and very fun to talk to..Thank you Paul they look great in my skillet display rack.............. [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]

Offline Jeff Seago

• Gotta Love WAGS!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 09:19:48 AM »
I too have purchased from Paul Baker and the experience was excellent!!!

Offline Gary Hays

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »
I have purchased items from Jeff Seago, Rick Gilley, & Ed Allspaugh. All three are stand up guys and I was very pleased with each item and how well they were packed.

Thanks a million guys!!! :)

Offline Bryce King

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »
I just bought a user Griswold #9 Tite-Top DO from Jeff Seago.  What  a great guy to deal with.  When he tells ya about  an item such as this he speaks the truth.  No he understates the truth.  And for packing, this guy can pack CI cookware so even an elephant can stand on it without breaking the item in the box.

Thanks Jeff for your great packing and for your helping this newbie get some quality user stuff without being fleeced.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:58:35 PM by Bryce_King »
Have a great day!
Bryce

Offline Wes Auman

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 09:58:19 AM »
I just bought a No. 12 Griswold lid from Trevor Laurence. It shipped promptly and he had good communication.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Offline Trevor Lawrence

• Trust in the Lord
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 08:51:36 PM »
I just bought a No. 12 Griswold lid from Trevor Laurence. It shipped promptly and he had good communication.

Thanks Wes! Same goes for you... Quick Payment and Good Communication!

Offline Leigh Ann Evans

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »
I had a flawless transaction with Dick Giles!  Couldn't recommend more highly.  LOVE my bundt pan and can't wait to buy more from him.

Thanks Dick!!

Offline Bryce King

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 06:41:05 AM »
Bought two skillets from Paul Baker at the Convention.  Great guy and the skillets are working just fine.  Fair prices on both of them.  Paul knows his CI stuff.

Also bought a skillet from Bill Galleghor on New Years Eve to complete my set of Griswold Small Logo Early handle skillets.  Another fine member of WAGS to deal with.  Lives about half and hour for me and we met for breakfast the day I picked up the skillet.  Plan on doing some auctions and flea markets together this year.

Thanks to both of these veteran collectors for helping this neophyte CI collector complete his first set of Griswold CI.
Have a great day!
Bryce