Author Topic: Wagnerware magnalite #378 divided pan  (Read 634 times)

Offline Rose Davis

• WAGS: the heartbeat of cast iron collecting
Wagnerware magnalite #378 divided pan
« on: October 01, 2021, 10:39:25 PM »
Can anyone tell me what this pan is used for, and why can't I find any info on this item anywhere?  Value? Thanks

Offline Cheryl Watson

• Administrator
  • The HersheyPark Kitty
Re: Wagnerware magnalite #378 divided pan
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 11:46:30 PM »
Hello Rose, and Welcome to WAGS !

I had to set your profile for you, sorry for the Delay.

I also had to dig to find an answer to the question you asked!

What you have is Cast Aluminum,  not Magnalite.

The 378 is a 'Heavy Duty Two Compartment Mess Pan" which was part of the Wagner line of INSTITUTIONAL items.

I had to wade thru many Wagner Catalogs, and finally located this item in a 1939 HOTEL Ware catalog.

During this time period, these items were marketed for sale to Prisons.  :smiley: "All Virgin Aluminum"

Values are difficult to predict right now, as the 'market' is fluctuating quite wildly on a daily basis. :cheesy:

Hope this helps!

Offline Will Person

• Back from the big house
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 06:02:43 PM »
I usually collect Wagner aluminum and prices are all over. But from what I have seen....low. Just saw a Wagner aluminum sink strainer. I have one and have never seen another. Sold for $15 on ebay.... I would never sell mine for that. Good time to buy Wagner aluminum. Neat piece. I would love it for my collection. But I haven't bought anything in 7 years. And I'm selling.....if I can.

Offline Rose Davis

• WAGS: the heartbeat of cast iron collecting
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 05:36:12 PM »
Can anyone tell me what this pan is used for, and why can't I find any info on this item anywhere?  Value? Thanks
Quote from: Cheryl Watson
link=topic=10474.msg91431#msg91431 date=1633146390
Hello Rose, and Welcome to WAGS !

I had to set your profile for you, sorry for the Delay.

I also had to dig to find an answer to the question you asked!

What you have is Cast Aluminum,  not Magnalite.

The 378 is a 'Heavy Duty Two Compartment Mess Pan" which was part of the Wagner line of INSTITUTIONAL items.

I had to wade thru many Wagner Catalogs, and finally located this item in a 1939 HOTEL Ware catalog.

During this time period, these items were marketed for sale to Prisons.  :smiley: "All Virgin Aluminum"

Values are difficult to predict right now, as the 'market' is fluctuating quite wildly on a daily basis. :cheesy:

Hope this helps!

Ty so much, now at least know what it is!!!!!