Cast Iron (general info) > General Information

mi pet d.o.

(1/2) > >>

woodpile:
Greetings: Does anyone know if there is or was a relationship between Chicago Hardware and Western Foundry Co. I have picked up a very nice D.O. #8 Western Foundry Co. Mi Pet Keeps Food Tasty. With a smoke ring and an unmarked top that resembles the later Piqua Oven tops. I have had mi pet skillets which I thought were somewhat klunky, and have got rid of them. This piece is very well made, nice handles, light in weight and nicely finished. A quality piece. Any info re the above would be appreciated. Thanks George V

Steve_Stephens:
Hey George,
There is a Mi-Pet oval roaster with the original trivet on ebay now.  That is only the second one with trivet I have seen and all their oval roasters have been finely cast and quality.  But I have only seen a No.4 oval roaster from Mi-Pet.
Steve

woodpile:
Greetings Steve: Thanks for your mail. I took a look at the oven and the lid style is similiar to my lid. I wonder if piqua made oval roasters and what shape their lids were? I have not seen any but I would suspect that they are out there. Talk to you later. George V

Steve_Stephens:
Hey George,
Yes, Favorite did make oval roasters.  There have been several on ebay in the past few years.  They seem to be quite old, a bit clunky but still ok stylewise, and are numbered with an old numbering system where a 1 or 2 is very large.

Also, another Mi-Pet oval roaster came up on ebay yesterday.  Black bottom and chromed top with no trivet.
Steve

John_Myers:
Favorite made 4 sizes of oval roasters O,1,2,3 With O the smallest. Some are marked Favorite Ware without the Piqua. These were probably made by Chicago Hardware foundry. Shaped a little different than the Griswold or Wagner more like a true oval. We use our No.1 all the time. It did a good job on a duck for Thanksgiving. I am looking for the No. O and an upgrade on the No. 2 lid

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version