[FORUM] [Repros/Fakes] [Home]

Griswold Lid, Cover, Paperweight, Spoon Rest, WHO KNOWS WHAT else?

Ok, I have no idea exactly what this was supposed to be exactly, but you see these advertised on the auction sites as lids for kettles, tea pots, as a spoon rest, a trivet and a host of other things. These are not a GRISWOLD item, but a reproduction/fake of something. The casting is poor, the TM is all wrong, etc. It looks to me as if it was lid for a tea kettle. Remember if it looks wrong, then it most likely is, so stay away from it.