Author Topic: New, Updated ASW/BS&R Timeline, 02/11/2017  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Dwayne Henson

• Administrator
  • When the people fear their government, there is
New, Updated ASW/BS&R Timeline, 02/11/2017
« on: February 11, 2017, 02:26:26 PM »

Hugh Rushing, I can honestly say this one is all your fault. You sent me a newspaper article that did not quite fit into the last timeline and that bothered me. Bothered me a lot. So, I contacted Cheryl Watson and thanks to that ONE article, it led to another and another till we came to this timeline. That’s how history is, especially 100+ year foundry history.
      Saunders Jones Jr., I am still amazed at the overall accuracy of the story your father told me on the phone. Here he is in his 80’s and telling a story that was over a 100 years old, but because of his accuracy/memories we were able to find these things. To see old newspaper articles, confirming his story was extremely satisfying. The catalogs that you gave me were an important key in dating Stove Spiders (Skillets) and the start of the BS&R/ASW Regular Skillet series, the ones most call Red Mountain. Thank you, Hugh, and Saunders, for your continued help, support and patience.
     Cheryl Watson, cast iron cookware collectors, especially those that like/collect BS&R, owe you a great debt. For without you this timeline would not be as accurate, nor as complete as it. I know you will never hear this from very many, but thank you. Most collectors are not researchers and have no idea, (most probably don’t even care), of the 100’s, probably 1000’s of hours over the years this timeline represents, but I am so very grateful for all the time and resources you have put into this endeavor to get the most accurate information we can into the hands of the BS&R collecting world.

As before this work is copyrighted, not to discourage distribution, but to protect those whose legacy this timeline is. This work remains and continues to be the story of Saunders Jones II, with Mr. Blankenship and Mr. Moreman adding their experiences.

So post and share this wherever you would like, but leave the sources on the bottom.  I hope you enjoy this.

CLICK HERE
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 09:18:04 PM by Cheryl Watson »
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ron Wolcott

• WAGS: The heartbeat of cast iron collecting.
Re: New, Updated ASW/BS&R Timeline, 02/11/2017
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 10:04:44 PM »
As I posted on the other forum pertaining to the catalogs,  I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to this timeline document. Incredible! Thank you,  thank you,  thank you!