Author Topic: Wagner curved logo No 11 with outside heat ring  (Read 852 times)

Offline Valerie Johnson

• WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
Wagner curved logo No 11 with outside heat ring
« on: October 02, 2021, 09:28:26 PM »
Just picked up a Wagner curved Logo No.11 skillet, it has the outside heat ring and the reinforced handle pad, The Wagner logo is set in between the heat ring and the center of the skillet, I had to set up a new lye bath to fit it and will post some pics as soon as I can get enough of the crud off to see if there is a Sidney O mark under the Wagner.

I believe it dates from late 1890's to early 1900's, The number 11 is on the bottom and looks hand inscribed.

Offline Sandy Glenn

• Administrator
Re: Wagner curved logo No 11 with outside heat ring
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 12:45:56 AM »
Congrats Valerie!  Those old Wagners are some of my favorites... anxious to see pictures once it's all dolled up!
"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"   E. Idle/M. Python

Offline Valerie Johnson

• WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 06:08:27 PM »
Well the Number 11 Wagner curved logo is cleaning up nicely unfortunately the cleaning revealed a crack in one of the pour spouts.
Alas the risk of buying dirty iron, You never know what you will find under the crud...sometimes very good sometimes very bad.
I will post some pics soon, Other than the crack it is a nice skillet...I guess that is like saying other than the blown motor it is a nice car

Offline Stuart Lowery

• WAGS member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 07:29:18 PM »
Valerie,
  Depending on the size & location of the crack, your skillet could still be useful for cooking some things. It's no longer "collectible", but still good

Offline Duke Gilleland

• WAGS member
  • WAGS: The heartbeat of cast iron collecting!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 09:00:19 PM »
I can only recall one that the crack "gaped" when heated. Lots of times grease to carbon will seal the crack off. An old Wagner of that size and age is worth trying even if it is just for a user.
Nowhere But TEXAS!