Author Topic: Not Secure in address bar  (Read 819 times)

Offline Valerie Johnson

• WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
Not Secure in address bar
« on: August 07, 2019, 06:46:17 AM »
When I visit the Griswold forums I get a message in the address bar indicating the site is Not Secure, There is a little circle with an exclamation point and Not secure in grey color when viewing but when I go to post a message the circle becomes a triangle with exclamation point and Not Secure turns red.

Is anyone else getting this message, This is the only website that I get this message on.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 06:47:33 AM by sewingstuff01 »

Offline Greg Stahl

• Administrator
  • Ole Scratch
Re: Not Secure in address bar
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 07:51:46 AM »
When I visit the Griswold forums I get a message in the address bar indicating the site is Not Secure, There is a little circle with an exclamation point and Not secure in grey color when viewing but when I go to post a message the circle becomes a triangle with exclamation point and Not Secure turns red.

Is anyone else getting this message, This is the only website that I get this message on.
This is NOTHING  to worry about as we do not use encryption as we don’t handle credit cards on this site. We use HTTP and not HTTPS, which demands a secure site.
"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!" Alice Cooper.

Offline Lee Bowen

• WAGS member
  • WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast Iron Cookware Collecting
Re: Not Secure in address bar
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 08:29:31 AM »
I had a similar problem after a series of Microsoft upgrades.  I went to my history list and found the WAGS address from a previous visit, and went right to the WAGS site.  I was really worried that I was going to be unable to get my daily CI fix, but now all is well.  I don't know if this will help, but it works for me.