Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Information / Re: ID an odd lid please ????
« Last post by Jim Fuchs on November 25, 2021, 01:37:05 AM »
No offense intended, simply stated facts. What one does with those, surely is their choice. Sometimes giving facts is akin to walking on eggshells...some take that the wrong way. 
« Last post by Frank Dimos on November 24, 2021, 06:42:43 PM »
All good, Duke. I was just trying to help him find an example of the proper handle for that cover so he could see it. I knew using that term would bring them up. Using the term handle--not so much. Same with the term turtle back. I'm sure that's not what Wagner called that cover, but that term will bring up lots of examples without working too hard.
On the Front Porch / Re: Happy Thanksgiving...
« Last post by Jim Fuchs on November 24, 2021, 05:47:12 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our members and friends, and your Families. May your Holidays' be a safe and enjoyable, Blessed one.   
General Information / Re: Is this paint? What to do?
« Last post by Russell Ware on November 24, 2021, 04:42:40 PM »
Somehow I'm not sure that an old #8 round griddle would have ever been plated. Lye should remove most types of paint. If it doesn't, perhaps your lye solution is old or the type of paint may require another type of chemical paint stripper.
On the Front Porch / Happy Thanksgiving...
« Last post by Duke Gilleland on November 24, 2021, 10:47:53 AM »
Here's wishing a very Happy Thanksgiving to all who's paths cross here. 12 months ago Cindy & I would spend Thanksgiving by ourselves for the first time since out kids were born. And as Christmas came and went it was the same.
This "season" it ain't perfect but it is a LOT better! As we all sit down to a fine meal we will remember friends and others who are gone or have lasting effect of the pandemic. God Bless All :engel017:
« Last post by Duke Gilleland on November 24, 2021, 10:31:08 AM »
Frank, If I seemed to come on as a "smart aleck", I apologize. This comes from a person who at one time thought a bottom gate mark was a real good welding repair job :grin:! 99% of what I gained in cast iron knowledge, I got right here from members(dues paying) their research, and their post.
To me, it seems that so much of the info here has been stolen and ended up on face book (space book :crazy:) and other personal cast iron web sites built strictly for personal gain in their wallets :teu42:!
Again, if taken that way it was not meant to be :thumbsup:
General Information / Re: Is this paint? What to do?
« Last post by Valerie Johnson on November 24, 2021, 09:53:28 AM »
To my eye it looks as though someone painted over a worn plated skillet
« Last post by Frank Dimos on November 24, 2021, 07:27:21 AM »
Well gee, guys, I'm just so sorry for not being exact. Folks call it that to distinguish it from all the other knobs. But hey, we can't all be perfect.
General Information / Is this paint? What to do?
« Last post by Doris Mertz on November 21, 2021, 09:09:20 PM »
I pulled an old griddle out of the lye tank for a peek. It has an area on the end of the handle and a few other small spots that look like paint. What do you think it is? How do I remove it?
« Last post by Duke Gilleland on November 19, 2021, 08:35:44 PM »
 "Wagner and Griswold Society is an Educational and Historical Society" We need to ALWAYS keep that in mind!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10