Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Information / Re: # 6 Wagner with etching on cooking surface
« Last post by Jeff Reid on June 20, 2022, 11:34:20 AM »
Sorry
General Information / Re: Unmarked No 3 with heat ring, Wagner or Volrath
« Last post by Duke Gilleland on June 17, 2022, 09:05:47 AM »
I vote Vollrath. Might be my imagination but, looking at the underside of the pour spouts Vollraths seem to be the slightest bit pointed. :scratchchin: JMO
« Last post by Lee Bowen on June 17, 2022, 07:05:21 AM »
Thank you, Cheryl and Will. I knew that someone would have the correct answer.  The massive amount of what I do not know is offset by your years of collecting and research.  Again, thank you!!.
« Last post by Will Person on June 17, 2022, 12:09:52 AM »
Yep, a Vollrath
« Last post by Valerie Johnson on June 16, 2022, 08:15:39 PM »
Thanks lee and Cheryl, I was pretty sure it was a Vollrath, I remember a conversation here a while back but I couldn't find it
« Last post by Cheryl Watson on June 16, 2022, 06:57:17 PM »
It is an Unmarked Vollrath.

Quite a few out there floating around that I have seen .   :smiley:
« Last post by Lee Bowen on June 16, 2022, 06:09:57 PM »
Vollrath generally has the size centered with a line under it with the handle pointed to 6 o'clock. I have a #3 Vollrath as well as a #5, and that is how they are marked on the bottom.  The size is marked on the top of the handle as well.  Otherwise, they are almost identical to your #3, with the rib where the handle meets the body of the skillet, and the oversized rim. Even with the photo magnified to 250X, I did not see any such markings.  In my limited experience, I have not heard of nor seen an unmarked Vollrath, but I am sure the more knowledgeable members can provide better information.  My #5 "WAGNER" SYDNEY O is almost identical, with a slightly smaller rib, but no oversized rim.  (All three have a heat ring.)  Either way, it sure is purty. :sm_usflag:
General Information / Unmarked No 3 with heat ring, Wagner or Volrath
« Last post by Valerie Johnson on June 16, 2022, 04:47:20 PM »
Picked up this nice little no. 3 cast iron 6" skillet, I originally thought unmarked Wagner but now I am leaning Vollrath, Any opinions
The reason I am leaning Vollrath is the underside of the handle and the reinforced rib around the rim
« Last post by Russell Ware on June 15, 2022, 10:10:38 PM »
I haven't seen a photo of the back of this skillet, but if it is a later Wagner, it is more than likely due to the machine wearing out with replace parts not available. They did what they could for as long as they could, and maybe a little more even after that.
« Last post by Duke Gilleland on June 15, 2022, 07:12:12 PM »
I kinduv "lean" to Neal's idea  :scratchchin:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10