Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
WAGS Society

HomeHelp FAQ Search WAGS Membership Info Reproductions Cleaning & Restoration WAGS Home URL Educational Links Eye Candy LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trying to Identify a Skillet (Read 133 times)
Doug R. Hoffman
WAGS member

WAGS: The heartbeat of
cast iron collecting.

Roseburg, OR
Trying to Identify a Skillet
Oct 9th, 2017 at 5:25pm

So I was at the local 2ndHand/Antique store in town and the owner showed me some CI that he had just taken in ( I may have made him think that I was more knowledgeable about CI than I am... ) . In the pile was a deep Skillet about 10" in Dia ( Chicken Fryer deep ). It had a heavy collared rim ( top 3/8" ") with a flat bottom ( angled edge not rounded ). On the bottom was the letter "B" at each outside compass point ( 12-3-6-9 o'clock )and small letter " no 1 " with another stamped "B" in the center.

Can anybody identify this ( sorry, no pics ) approx. purchase value ( no noted defects, good color but heavy seasoned, greasy to touch ).

thxs Undecided Undecided Undecided

Doug

IP Logged

Jerry Cermack
Global Moderator
WAGS member

Collector

Tupelo, MS.
Re: Trying to Identify a Skillet
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 6:02pm

Based on your description, the Deep Skillet "might" be part of a Combo Cooker set, specifically the center section.  Many of them had a Deep skillet for a center section. The Blankenship combo set had a No. 1 on the bottom of the deep skillet.

http://www.griswoldandwagner.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1177702971

Jerry

IP Logged

Doug R. Hoffman
WAGS member

WAGS: The heartbeat of
cast iron collecting.

Roseburg, OR
Re: Trying to Identify a Skillet
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 3:13pm

Thanks Jerry, the pan was very similar to those in the pics on the flagged forum link.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print