Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
WAGS Society

HomeHelp FAQ Search WAGS Membership Info Reproductions Cleaning & Restoration WAGS Home URL Educational Links Eye Candy LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where Does it End??? (Read 490 times)
Doug R. Hoffman
WAGS member

WAGS: The heartbeat of
cast iron collecting.

Roseburg, OR
Where Does it End???
Aug 21st, 2017 at 3:47am

Apparently I have been affected by the bug. My last forum entry and response about the Wrought Iron Range Co flat skillet I found in my camp gear tweeked my curiosity about other similar ironware I have seen. Looking thru more of my campware, I located a 12" aluminum flat skillet marked 'SuperMaid Cookware. CICN also had info on this brand. This weekends garage sale wanderings had me purchasing a #9 rolled metal skillet marked " Neverbreak", and to my suprise research shows that NeverBreak is a GRISWOLD product shown in the 1930 era catalogs ( and some 05 WAGS Forum discussion ). Interesting but possibly addictive habit forming!

IMG_2481.JPG (166 KB | 7 )
IMG_2481.JPG
IMG_2482.JPG (162 KB | 6 )
IMG_2482.JPG
IMG_2485.JPG (141 KB | 6 )
IMG_2485.JPG
IMG_2486.JPG (137 KB | 5 )
IMG_2486.JPG

IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

South Central Pennsylvania
Re: Where Does it End???
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 4:21am

Be Careful now... I have some "BABY" Super Maid pieces!

cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Jim Fuchs
WAGS member

Phoenix Works

N.W. Pennsylvania
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 5:37am

Doug, for the record, your Never-Break skillet was not a Griswold product. You may be referring to a sale write up by Worth Point saying it was in a 1939 Griswold catalogue. While that source can be good to see items, the information is supplied by the "seller", and not the most accurate data.
         Never-Break was made by the Bronson Supply Co. Sales office on Cliff St., in NYC, factory was in Cleveland, Ohio. Here is a sample from an 1890 ad...

IP Logged

C. Perry Rapier
WAGS member

Greenville
Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 4:58pm

Beautiful advertisement Jim. I hope you have a good hold on it.

And Cheryl can I hold your purty babys? They look like they might need burped.  Roll Eyes

<div style=

IP Logged

Doug R. Hoffman
WAGS member

WAGS: The heartbeat of
cast iron collecting.

Roseburg, OR
Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 8:29pm

OK, thanks to all for the corrected info and neat pics of some really nice looking items, Cheryl. My Super Maid bailed griddle obviously has some wear issues. Appreciate the correction on  the Neverbreak skillet Jim, my quick research referred to the Griswold catalog entry, there was also a 2005 WAGS Forum discussion about it.

IP Logged

Jim Fuchs
WAGS member

Phoenix Works

N.W. Pennsylvania
Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2017 at 9:34pm

Most foundries, the History and identification are a never ending story. More & more is learned as we continue our research. Keeps it interesting. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print