Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
WAGS Society

HomeHelp FAQ Search WAGS Membership Info Reproductions Cleaning & Restoration WAGS Home URL Educational Links Eye Candy LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Apologies for those on the FORUM today (Read 645 times)
Greg Stahl
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

Ole Scratch

Clinton, MA
Apologies for those on the FORUM today
Sep 23rd, 2016 at 5:54pm

I needed to do some website maintenance today, and the FORUM was likely unavailable for some of you during that time.

Just for information purposes and to let you know what you are missing if you are not a dues paying member of WAGS. The backups that I did are TAR archives (similar to zipped files, but these are done on a Linux server).

The WAGS forum is 3.1 GBs in size (tarballed).

The WAGS membership has access to an additional 7.5 GBs of tarballed information on the WAGS side of the forum (some of that 3.1 GBs of the WAGS forum, likely 2 GBs, are only available to WAGS members on that side of the FORUM).

With an average compression ratio of about 80% for RAR files, WAGS has approximately 10 GBs of information for research purposes. 10 GBs is about 200,000 pages to read. No wonder when a new member joins WAGS we don't hear from them for a long time,.....they are lost in reading!! Of course, these are rough numbers, as the data is stored in many file types, so the 200,000 pages is likely on the high side, as many files we have are PDF and JPG. But I thought it was an interesting discussion topic.

"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!"  Alice Cooper.  Cast iron cookware for sale, selling entire collection, updates ASAP HERE
WWW MBLMASP greg.stahl1  
IP Logged

C. B. Williams
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

WAGS: The heartbeat of
collecting cookware!

Meridian, MS
Re: Apologies for those on the FORUM today
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 7:17pm

All Greek to me, but I like Greek food. Does that count?

Hold still rabbit, so I can cook you.

IP Logged

Greg Stahl
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

Ole Scratch

Clinton, MA
Re: Apologies for those on the FORUM today
Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 9:49pm

well at least I know some Greek, lol.

C. B. Williams wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 7:17pm:
All Greek to me, but I like Greek food. Does that count?

"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!"  Alice Cooper.  Cast iron cookware for sale, selling entire collection, updates ASAP HERE
WWW MBLMASP greg.stahl1  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print