Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
WAGS Society

HomeHelp FAQ Search WAGS Membership Info Reproductions Cleaning & Restoration WAGS Home URL Educational Links Eye Candy LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
John Wright Muffin Pans - Examples (Read 7716 times)
Tom Neitzel
Forum Administrator
WAGS Casting Call Committee

So - What do they do with
the rest of the mole?

Yelm
Re: John Wright Muffin Pans - Examples
Reply #40 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:30pm

Finally got rid of the low grade crud I've had this past week or so and decided to get the last of the Wright pan pictures up.

We'll start with the Mini Pan, Ironstone coated, 1995.  Made in USA.

I think it is late 1985, possibly 12/1985.  I do have it in a 1998 price list.

Some folks get excited when the see this one thinking it is a Griswold pan.  This star is 6 points.

IP Logged

Tom Neitzel
Forum Administrator

the rest of the mole?

Yelm
Reply #41 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:35pm

The Four Seasons Muffin pan, plain iron.  Made in USA, but lots of Asian knockoffs and some Wright Asian production.

I don't know the starting date, but it is in my 1975 catalog.

The heart symbolizes Spring, round is the summer sun, scalloped is fall foliage, and the star is winter.

Some consider it a knockoff of the 1870/71 Reid's Pan, but Reid never made such a small pan.  The cup designs are similar though.

Available plain iron or painted black.

IP Logged

Tom Neitzel
Forum Administrator

the rest of the mole?

Yelm
Reply #42 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:45pm

And finally the:

7 cup muffin pan, USA.  You could call it an aebleskiver pan if you want, but Wright did not.

Like the Four Seasons Pan, I don't know the introduction date, but it too is in the 1975 catalog.

Available painted black only.  The pan is heavy for its size.

Wright did some Asian production in the late 1990s.  There are lots of copies and knockoff out there.

This a copy of an old pan, but the only way I would even think I had an old pan was if it had a gate mark and was relatively light.

With this post, I believe we have pictures of all the John Wright baking pans.  All that I know of anyway (and have examples of)

I think many of the pans are very attractive and produce striking baked goods once you learn how to use them.

There are recipes for many of the specific pans in the PDF section.  In general they need stiff, shortbread-like dough, although I have used cake mixes in pans like the flowers and seashells.  You don't get the detail with the lighter mix.

You are also using products from an American Foundry, started in the 1880s and in continuous production, even today.

Tom

IP Logged

Russell Ware
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast
Iron Cookware Collecting

USA
Reply #43 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:52pm

Thanks for posting those Tom. That is the first JW Hearts and Star pan I have seen. I was wondering if they made one. I very much appreciate your additions to this post.

IP Logged

Russell Ware
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast
Iron Cookware Collecting

USA
Reply #44 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 2:04pm

Reply #29 shows the first variation of the cornhusker pan. The second variation omitted the Classic Gourmet ceramic dot on the top of one of the handles. Pictured here is probably the third variation of the pan where the raised writing was moved from the underside of the handles to the bottom underside of the pan. The John Wright script signature logo replaces the printed name, and the copyright date now states 1995 instead of the original 1984.

20170814_084503.jpg (148 KB | 8 )
20170814_084503.jpg

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print