Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
WAGS Society

HomeHelp FAQ Search WAGS Membership Info Reproductions Cleaning & Restoration WAGS Home URL Educational Links Eye Candy LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What do you get? (Read 2252 times)
Greg Stahl
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

Ole Scratch

Clinton, MA
What do you get?
Nov 21st, 2014 at 3:26pm

We have many visitors on the FORUM and some of them decide to become WAGS members.  I just wanted to give those visitors an idea of just one of the benefits of WAGS membership.....just one!!

When you join WAGS, you get access to the WAGS' member side of the FORUM. With that access alone you get to have access to our vast database of foundries, PDFs and other research materials that we have collected as a group and organized for your use in your collection/hobby. 

I just did a backup of the database URL and the compressed (tarballed) site is over 15 GB in size.  Considering that this is the compressed size, you can only imagine how long it will take you to read the material present there.  This LINK gives you an idea of what 1 GB of UNCOMPRESSED data can contain.

"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!"  Alice Cooper.  Cast iron cookware for sale, selling entire collection, updates ASAP HERE
WWW MBLMASP greg.stahl1  
IP Logged

Larry Pesek
WAGS member

Mmmmm.....

White Lake
Re: What do you get?
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 12:55pm

Interestingly, I read this almost exactly one year since it's posting...

The answer to the "What do you get?" question is:  'Mind Numbed' trying to understand all that puter stuff!  Smiley Huh Grin

IP Logged

Jim Glatthaar
WAGS member

WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast
Iron Cookware Collecting

White Plains, NY
Re: What do you get?
Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 4:57am

You make a great point Greg.  There is a tremendous amount of material contained in the member side of the forum.

But it isn't just the amount, but also the quality of the material on the member side of the forum.  I can only say being a WAGS member and having access to the forum prevented me from making a ton of mistakes from seasoning incorrectly to what to look for in a quality piece.  WAGS membership is a great value.  So when it came time to renew I did it the same day.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print