Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
WAGS Society

HomeHelp FAQ Search WAGS Membership Info Reproductions Cleaning & Restoration WAGS Home URL Educational Links Eye Candy LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
SHOW US WHAT YOU HAVE!!!! (Read 177468 times)
C. Perry Rapier
WAGS Casting Call Committee
WAGS member

Greenville
Re: SHOW US WHAT YOU HAVE!!!!
Reply #80 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 4:36am

Hello Brian. You have some very nice looking iron there. Thank you for sharing with us. I also like the way you have your pieces labeled, looks professional as all get out. I see this is your first post as well. So welcome to WAGS. Its great to have you join us. I see you have a Johnson Combo Cooker there. I see parts of them all over the place where pieces have got lost. I try to ask the sellers what are they and I very often get a chuckle out of the responses I sometimes get.

<div style=

IP Logged

Brian Chatham
Forum Visitor

WAGS: The heartbeat of
cast iron collecting.

Birmingham, AL
Reply #81 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 3:25pm

Thanks for your kind comments!  I hope to learn a lot more about my cookware and cast iron in general.  Enjoy scanning the Forum and reading other people's posts.  Everyone seems so knowledgeable on this site!

IP Logged

C. Perry Rapier
WAGS member

Greenville
Reply #82 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 4:51pm

Brian Chatham wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 3:25pm:
Thanks for your kind comments!  I hope to learn a lot more about my cookware and cast iron in general.  Enjoy scanning the Forum and reading other people's posts.  Everyone seems so knowledgeable on this site!

Hello Brian. What we don't know we just make up.  Grin Grin

Actually we have some long time collectors on here including myself. And there are others as well. We don't know it all but collectively we know quite a bit. If you have any questions Brian we'll try to get some answers.

If you hang around awhile you may want to consider and check out our 'dark side'. We have the public side of the forum that we are on now and you have to register to be here. And the 'dark side' is the members side where you join and pay a small yearly fee. We have quite a bit of information here on the public side. But it pales in comparison to what we have compiled and is available on the 'dark side'. So hang around and have a good time. And jump in whenever you take a notion to post or ask a question.  Smiley

<div style=

IP Logged

Marge Knowles
WAGS member

central Illinois
Reply #83 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 1:16pm

Brian, you have given me ideas for pictures.  Smiley   that is nice, the way you added text to your pics with a description.  I just took tons of pics of my toy cast iron.  that is a good idea to list right on that pic what pieces are.

IP Logged

Mike Grim
WAGS member

cast iron collecting.

Locust Grove, VA
Reply #84 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:09pm

Coming up on a year collecting CI and a member on here.

Here are a few pics.

Mike

Stove.jpg (92 KB | 173 )
Stove.jpg
cake_Pans.jpg (89 KB | 147 )
cake_Pans.jpg
cleaning.jpg (86 KB | 172 )
cleaning.jpg

Cooking on a 1902 Glenwood (Fancy) E. wood cook stove. Collecting Slant/ERIE c. 1902 to 1912 Griswolds.

IP Logged

Ken Cooper
Forum Visitor

cast iron collecting.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #85 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:09pm

First post.
Picked up this wagnerware double loaf pan yesterday at local thrift shop $22.00

Seasoned earlier today using 100% Flaxseed Oil .
Usually use Crisco Lard .
Seemed to do a pretty good job giving it a really nice patina.

Over time I will attempt to post pictures of my collection at least my favourite pieces

IP Logged

C. Perry Rapier
WAGS member

Greenville
Reply #86 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 3:28am

Hello Mike. You have some nice looking iron. Thanks for posting some of it and showing us.  Smiley

And hello Ken. You did a good job on that piece. That is a later made piece by Wagner. Sometimes you see them and rough as a cob in places. Looks like you got a nice one and the cleaning and seasoning make it look that much better. And what to use to season with, well, we have beat that horse a lot and still beat him at times. I use crisco myself. Others have had some problems with flaxseed oil. That lady that has touted using flaxseed oil has gathered quite a following. She cuts her own hair and will show you how to do that, how to season skillets, and she also reads the moon and the stars in case you are interested in what the moon and stars maybe telling you on any particular evening. I have tried to talk to the moon and the stars myself but they never listen to me. I am told they listen to her.

<div style=

IP Logged

Ken Cooper
Forum Visitor

cast iron collecting.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #87 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 3:54pm

C. Perry Rapier wrote on Jun 25th, 2015 at 3:28am:
Hello Mike. You have some nice looking iron. Thanks for posting some of it and showing us.  Smiley

And hello Ken. You did a good job on that piece. That is a later made piece by Wagner. Sometimes you see them and rough as a cob in places. Looks like you got a nice one and the cleaning and seasoning make it look that much better. And what to use to season with, well, we have beat that horse a lot and still beat him at times. I use crisco myself. Others have had some problems with flaxseed oil. That lady that has touted using flaxseed oil has gathered quite a following. She cuts her own hair and will show you how to do that, how to season skillets, and she also reads the moon and the stars in case you are interested in what the moon and stars maybe telling you on any particular evening. I have tried to talk to the moon and the stars myself but they never listen to me. I am told they listen to her.

LOL

Thanks for the heads up on flaxseed oil. I for one am willing to try new ideas. Really haven't given it the real test which is cooking with the skillet.
I have two types of pieces ( show / display and those I use for everyday use )
For show pieces  I look for great patina for display purposes.
For everyday use its ability to perform is more important.
Therefore always in search of a cooking surface which will stand the test of time which is still a work in progress.
I have collected approximately 40 plus pieces over the pass several years of which half see regular use while set up on display.
When I get a chance I hope to post more pictures of pieces that I have acquired to date.
As well hope to gather up all the knowledge this site has to offer.

IP Logged

Bob Sauder
Forum Visitor

cast iron collecting.

Mesa, AZ
Reply #88 - May 22nd, 2016 at 6:08pm

BSR I presume?

IMG_4033.JPG (165 KB | 74 )
IMG_4033.JPG
IMG_4034.JPG (168 KB | 76 )
IMG_4034.JPG

IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

South Central Pennsylvania
Reply #89 - May 22nd, 2016 at 10:12pm

Yes it is BSR/ASW. Later Red Mountain series. Smiley

cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

James King
WAGS member

Psalm 46:10

Clifton Park, NY
Reply #90 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 11:10pm

My personal Collection.

WWW JimKing366  
IP Logged

Tom Neitzel
Forum Administrator

So - What do they do with
the rest of the mole?

Yelm
Reply #91 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 2:27pm

That's nice James.  I wish I had the self control to keep my collection so it would fit in one picture.

You need to start to worry when it won't fit in one room anymore.  As it progresses, you have to start parking the car outside, then you worry more about the outbuildings rather than the house when looking for a new one.

Tom

IP Logged

James King
WAGS member

Psalm 46:10

Clifton Park, NY
Reply #92 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 9:22pm

Thanks Tom. That's just what I have decided to keep. That is a small percentage of what I have... I park the car outside.

WWW JimKing366  
IP Logged

Chad Sartain
Forum Visitor

cast iron collecting.

Dennis, MS
Reply #93 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:02pm

This is by far My new favorite site.I Can't get enough of all the pictures and the Very nice pieces everywhere I look along with all the info, and the nice people. I'm only a week into the site and it has quickly became my go to website every time I pick up my phone.... This is my  collection so far.

image_205.jpeg (111 KB | 62 )
image_205.jpeg

IP Logged

Jonathon Davis
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

cast iron collecting.

Bentonville, AR
Reply #94 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:48pm

Be careful with those Martins, Chad. Once they get ahold of you, they don't let go!

IP Logged

Jim Fuchs
WAGS member

Phoenix Works

N.W. Pennsylvania
Reply #95 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:10pm

Very nice Chad! You have some really nice pieces there. Caution....these multiply. Smiley

IP Logged

Chad Sartain
Forum Visitor

cast iron collecting.

Dennis, MS
Reply #96 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:53pm

Jonathon Davis wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:48pm:
Be careful with those Martins, Chad. Once they get ahold of you, they don't let go!

You couldn't be more right Jonathon Davis. They have a spell on me I believe. Just something about them.  Shocked

IP Logged

Chad Sartain
Forum Visitor

cast iron collecting.

Dennis, MS
Reply #97 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:58pm

Jim Fuchs wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:10pm:
Very nice Chad! You have some really nice pieces there. Caution....these multiply. Smiley

Thank you Mr. Jim. I have found that out the past couple months. I found one piece cleaned it up, and set it up in my house. Next thing u know I'm diving in every barn and house place that I can get permission to look in. Can't seem to get enough of it. Especially after finding this website.

IP Logged

Mark R. Smith
WAGS member

cast iron collecting.

Fort Worth, TX
Reply #98 - Nov 11th, 2016 at 8:11pm

Well I reach a turning point in life Monday. I turned 65 ad thanks to some great in-laws giving gift cards and a very sweet wife,  I got this. going clockwise Lodge pizza pan, Lodge Wok, Lodge Casserole 3.6 qt., and a BS&R Red Mountain #7.

birthday.jpg (172 KB | 37 )
birthday.jpg

IP Logged

Larry Pesek
WAGS member

Mmmmm.....

White Lake
Reply #99 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 9:15am

Congratulations on another successful trip around the Sun Mark! Wink

Nice CI stuff!  I've been eyeing one of those LODGE Woks for awhile...  Let us know how she works... Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print