Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
WAGS Society

HomeHelp FAQ Search WAGS Membership Info Reproductions Cleaning & Restoration WAGS Home URL Educational Links Eye Candy LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
aebleskiver pan (Read 9082 times)
Adrienne Bordo
Ex Member

WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast
Iron Cookware Collecting

aebleskiver pan
Sep 3rd, 2009 at 2:16am

It isn't iron & isn't old but was a good buy for $3. Cast aluminum, back stamped Pyrolux- Made in Denmark.
It cleaned up easily with a little elbow grease and I have found a recipe. Too bad I'm on a strict low-carb diet these days!

Adrienne

aebleskiver.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Chris Stairs
Forum Administrator

New Brunswick, Canada
Re: aebleskiver pan
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 12:04pm

Adrienne,
   If aebleskivers do not fit your diet, you can always use that pan to cook other things. Our cooking section is maintained by CB Williams, and he has posted some really good suggestions for some other uses. These threads might give you some ideas for putting that pan to use.

http://www.griswoldandwagner.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1246040454

http://www.griswoldandwagner.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1249330002

http://www.griswoldandwagner.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1223732402

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Stephen Hawking

IP Logged

Judith Holiday
Forum Visitor

Centennial, Colorado
Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 4:45pm

Aebleskiver recipe: I discovered that any pancake recipe works fine. It's not rocket science in spite of what you my read. We prefer to make the pancake spheres then cut them in half and add butter and ligonberries (or whatever).
Also: olde recipes say you spin them around using big ole knitting needles. Nuts, just 'cause grandma did that doesn't mean it's the best way. Doc was once somewhat active as a painter. He had some of those palette knives (spatulas) that are used to smear oil paint on a canvas. They are made of extremely thin and flexible steel. I swiped them and cleaned them and use them in the kitchen for this and that. One "that" is for turning pancakes in a aebleskiver pan. If there's an art supply store near you pick up a couple, very useful for creative cooks.

"Freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much." Justice Robert Jackson 1943

IP Logged

C. B. Williams
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

WAGS: The heartbeat of
collecting cookware!

Meridian, MS
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 7:38pm

We do have the traditional aebleskiver recipe in the famous WAGS cookbook, under desserts, cakes, pies, and sweets.

Another use for the pan is to cook escargot in, also see that recipe in the cookbook. I do this quite a lot and serve them right in the pan which gives 2 people 6 each. OOPS, the pan pictured here has 9 cups, make that 6 for me and 3 for someone else.

C B

Hold still rabbit, so I can cook you.

IP Logged

Adrienne Bordo
Ex Member

WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast
Iron Cookware Collecting

Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2009 at 1:26am

I checked out the  WAGS Cookbook . Thanks for the hints.
My recipe for Aebleskivers is a yeast dough. I will likely try that one first as bread making is one of the things I do. When the granddaughter comes to visit would likely be a good time. She really loves home made bread- any kind.

Adrienne

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print