Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
WAGS Society

HomeHelp FAQ Search WAGS Membership Info Reproductions Cleaning & Restoration WAGS Home URL Educational Links Eye Candy LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Ebay sellers, packing and history destruction (Read 40984 times)
Greg Stahl
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

Ole Scratch

Clinton, MA
Ebay sellers, packing and history destruction
Sep 11th, 2008 at 1:07pm

On the WAGS member side of the forum, there has been a lot of talk/discussion about the way Ebay sellers don't listen to others in the shipping and packing of items.  The result is that the items are coming broken and the loss is tragic.  Now this is not the result of poor handling by the various shipping companies out there, but due to the poor packing of Cast Iron items by the sellers,  SELLERS that believe cast iron is steel and unbreakable.

Cast iron is VERY VERY fragile and breaks very easily.  Not only are collectors upset that their items have been destroyed but because, you can't go back and fix these items, you can
't
replace these items and more, if not most importantly, this destroys a piece of history FOREVER.

I know that many Ebay sellers read this FORUM, so please listen to the buyers, as we know what we are doing when we give you instructions on packing cast iron.  We know, as we have vast experience in shipping ourselves OR from the poor examples of receiving items shipped.

Please help preserve our national treasures, our national art, our history and our collections by packing well.

edit in red.

"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!"  Alice Cooper.  Cast iron cookware for sale, selling entire collection, updates ASAP HERE
WWW MBLMASP greg.stahl1  
IP Logged

Greg Stahl
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

Ole Scratch

Clinton, MA
Re: Ebay sellers, packing and history destruction
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 2:22pm

A new page has been set up so that you can directly email the link to sellers to offer packing instructions for cast iron.  Go to this link:

Cast Iron Care

or

Directly to this link:

SUGGESTED PACKING FOR CAST IRON SHIPMENT

"NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY!!"  Alice Cooper.  Cast iron cookware for sale, selling entire collection, updates ASAP HERE
WWW MBLMASP greg.stahl1  
IP Logged

Timothy Peyton
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 3:41am

Thank you very much for providing the link for proper packing...I never would have guessed it could be so tough. And I thought shipping fish was tough  Grin

IP Logged

Charles Layne
Forum Visitor

WAGS: Heartbeat of Cast
Iron Cookware Collecting

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 11:23pm

i also fell victim to poor packaging on #8 iron mountian chicken fryer, it arrived with a crack from the top edge to the bottom. the lid survived now i am in search of just the pan; it was a sad loss.

IP Logged

John Gilbert
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 10:14pm

Thanks for the thread.  I started selling on eBay and I am about to ship a few I sold. I was planning on just flat rate.  However, now I am going to package it better even if I take a hit for the first couple.

Thanks for the information

IP Logged

C. Perry Rapier
WAGS member

Greenville
Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 10:19pm

Quote:
Thanks for the thread.  I started selling on eBay and I am about to ship a few I sold. I was planning on just flat rate.  However, now I am going to package it better even if I take a hit for the first couple.

Thanks for the information

Hello John. Flat rate shipping for cast iron is one of the worst things you can do, when it comes to shipping method. The best way to pack it is to think of it as glass, because it is fragile.

<div style=

IP Logged

Will Person
Forum Visitor

Heavy iron at work

Burlington, Wisconsin
Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 3:52am

John,  one thing.   A collector will pay what ever it takes to get there iron SAFE!!!   One time,  I told a seller to not package the two skillets together.   It was the Wagner skillet oven (pretty rare).   The seller was floored someone would pay over $500 for some cast iron.   They put each piece in a box,  and put the two boxes in one box.   I paid like $30 for shipping.   I did not care.   It got to me in safe,  great condition.   A collector will pay.

Will Cool

113117581 johndeereplowman deereman43  
IP Logged

Mary Theisen
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

Twin Cities, MN
Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 1:41am

I recently purchased a chicken pan from an ebay seller. The photo below shows how it was packaged. Amazingly, it arrived intact - even via USPS Parcel Post. No box, no bubble wrap...just wrapped w one layer of white butcher paper and then brown kraft paper. On a different topic but w the same seller, I had asked the seller if there was warpage/if it sat flat when pressed along the top edge, and she assured me that she had checked and it did...here's the youtube link on that issue: http://youtu.be/11K1Kq8r4gE

Packaging_1_.jpg (86 KB | 152 )
Packaging_1_.jpg

IP Logged

Drew Frank
Forum Visitor

Intellectuals solve problems;geniuses
prevent them

South Central PA
Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 3:37pm

Mary Theisen wrote on Jul 10th, 2012 at 1:41am:
I recently purchased a chicken pan from an ebay seller. The photo below shows how it was packaged. Amazingly, it arrived intact - even via USPS Parcel Post. No box, no bubble wrap...just wrapped w one layer of white butcher paper and then brown kraft paper. On a different topic but w the same seller, I had asked the seller if there was warpage/if it sat flat when pressed along the top edge, and she assured me that she had checked and it did...here's the youtube link on that issue: http://youtu.be/11K1Kq8r4gE

Mary, perhaps the seller had it upside down!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
How in the world did that thing arrive in one piece sent like that? Amazing.

"Have no fear of perfection — you'll never reach it." — Salvador Dalí

IP Logged

Mike Garrison
Forum Visitor

Iron Cookware Collecting

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 4:09pm

i just rec'd a piece the other day via USPS and they placed the iron at the bottom of the box and put a bunch of shredded paper on top (instead of putting the iron in the middle of the box surrounded by shredded paper). they did bubble wrap the snot out of the pieces and taped to where i had to slash my way through it with a VERY sharp knife. Grin... no shipping damages that i saw though.

IP Logged

Ray Armstrong
Forum Visitor

WAGS:  Heartbeat of Cast
Iron Cookware Collecting

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 2:50am

I would like to add that when shipping a camp oven or spider that if the seller will tape the lid to the top securely so it cant move at all,  by taping around the entire pot a couple times in two directions, that should keep the lid and pot intact. Then add an inch, or more, of padding, like newspaper balls, in the bottom of the box and cover that with a layer of corrugated cardboard. Fallowed by putting the item in the box with the feet pointed up and then fill the rest  of the box tightly with packing paper and top it off with another sheet of corrugated cardboard and double boxing with newspaper balls between the boxes. Being sure to put the shipping label on the side of the box that the feet are on.

This should help keep the legs and handle from being broken.

Its very important, with a spider especially, that the box is packed tightly so that the handle cant tear through the boxes and get broken.

I'm a LYER!!!

IP Logged

Don Leonard
Forum Visitor

Iron Cookware Collecting

Reply #11 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:59pm

Here's how my 13" camp skillet arrived the other day........I'm still amazed that it arrived with the handle intact.

IP Logged

Don Leonard
Forum Visitor

Iron Cookware Collecting

Reply #12 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 9:01pm

They just taped an empty box to the handle.

IP Logged

Will Person
Forum Visitor

Heavy iron at work

Burlington, Wisconsin
Reply #13 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 10:46pm

Don Leonard wrote on Feb 4th, 2013 at 8:59pm:
Here's how my 13" camp skillet arrived the other day........I'm still amazed that it arrived with the handle intact.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  WHAT THE......................... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

113117581 johndeereplowman deereman43  
IP Logged

Brenda Jerles
Forum Visitor

Iron Cookware Collecting

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 3:42am

Wow! One ( My Griswold) I bought just had the skillet in the box and the box was wet in a spot and had a hole in it where the wet spot was. Just  priority mail box. Luckily all was ok!

IP Logged

Karen Kale
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2013 at 1:30am

Here's how my new #10 Erie arrived today. These are the packing materials in their entirety - one little box and four grocery bags.  Not as much of a nightmare job as some others described here, but I almost had a heart attack when I saw the size of the box. I also discovered too late that it was insured for far less than I paid. I wonder how THAT would have worked had something happened to it.

Happy ending though, it seems to have weathered the trip OK.

Erie_Packaging.JPG (135 KB | 217 )
Erie_Packaging.JPG

IP Logged

Bob Henrick
Forever in our hearts!

Lexington, KY
Reply #16 - Nov 11th, 2013 at 8:45pm

Karen, that is one fine looking ERIE pan. Almost looks shiny what with the light reflecting on it. Looks like you won't have to do much cleaning either. Ya got lucky this time. Tongue

Bob H.

IP Logged

Karen Kale
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

Reply #17 - Nov 12th, 2013 at 4:31am

Bob, that Erie is indeed a beautiful pan, I would have been heartbroken if it had cracked or broken. I was VERY lucky, but I still learned my lesson. If the seller doesn't have a proven track record of shipping cast iron, I'll definitely be asking about packing methods in the future.

IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

South Central Pennsylvania
Todays HEARTSTOPPING Moments!!! ------
Reply #18 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 3:07am

6:05 PM - Darkness has fallen, I am sitting at the computer sending a PM, when what do I hear???  The mail truck has stopped outside, the engine has stopped.  Yea!... my Iron is here! 
I turn on the light and open the door, and out onto the Front Porch I hurry, anxiously awaiting the very large box which will bring my 5 newest pieces.  My mailman pulls the very large box from the back of the truck, and even in low light I can see a very odd shape.  As he slowly approaches with head hanging low, he apologetically calls out, that hopefully, it's not something breakable.........OH NO!!!

The closer he gets, the worse that it looks, as I explained it is cast iron, and I am feeling quite sick.  "Oh, but Cast Iron doesn't break, you should be good", says he. I patiently explain that is a fallacy......

So began an hour long adventure, with Camera firmly in hand!

Three more posts to follow............. Wink

2013-12-02_002.JPG (87 KB | 230 )
2013-12-02_002.JPG
2013-12-02_0021.jpg (216 KB | 246 )
2013-12-02_0021.jpg
2013-12-02_0022.JPG (72 KB | 239 )
2013-12-02_0022.JPG
cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Re: Todays HEARTSTOPPING Moments!!! ------
Reply #19 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 3:09am

The saga continued...

2013-12-02_0023.jpg (180 KB | 209 )
2013-12-02_0023.jpg
2013-12-02_0024.jpg (200 KB | 224 )
2013-12-02_0024.jpg
2013-12-02_0025.jpg (163 KB | 222 )
2013-12-02_0025.jpg
cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #20 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 3:15am

Now THIS is WHY it pays to deal with an EXPERT fellow collector/WAGS member, who packs Cast Iron with the utmost thoughtfulness and care, with the objective of 'making it bullet proof'!
Look at the pictures carefully,,,, and take note. Smiley

HARRY RIVA, you are the MAN!! Grin Grin Grin

(Finally got the heart and respiration rates back to normal)

I haven't gotten out the magnifying glass yet, but it all looks Good.!

Final view of the US Postal Service package as received, now empty, in all it's glory

Edit:  Additional Pic... At least they said they were sorry... Wink

2013-12-02_0026.jpg (92 KB | 213 )
2013-12-02_0026.jpg
DSCN3502__800x600_.jpg (278 KB | 211 )
DSCN3502__800x600_.jpg
cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

C. Perry Rapier
WAGS member

Greenville
Reply #21 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 3:16am

WOW, very lucky. That and Harry is a good packer.  Wink

<div style=

IP Logged

Randy Eckstein
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

Highland, IL
Reply #22 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 3:25am

Congrats Cheryl, and great job Harry.  Makes you wonder what ole Home Depot did to P... off the USPS so bad, not that UPS is a ton better.  Fragile to them means okay to toss around.

The good chefs never burn anything--we call it "culinary brown"!!

IP Logged

Harry Riva
Forum Administrator

Retired and trying to
keep Molly happy

Asheville, North Carolina
Reply #23 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 5:47am

Gad, How on earth did they manage to do that? Truck or forklift tire hit would be my guess. I can see how they couldn't see that "little: two foot square box or the fragile warning stickers. And such a cute little "I'm sorry" note in Roseanna Roseanna Danna style. I'm really glad the contents made it, presumably intact and will pass the magnifying glass test. I always feel a little bad about the shipping cost because the box ends up so big with multiple layers of packing and the  "wasted" space the false bottom takes up, but I always feel it's as bombproof as I can make it. Good to see the extra work pays off when the USPS goes postal on a package. I'm glad you showed all the pictures as I couldn't imagine how bad the hit they put on it was when we talked.
Harry

PS Cheryl noted all damage on the receipt she signed and took pictures which is always the thing to do if the package you get shows ANY sign of external damage. It makes it a lot easier if a damage claim is needed.

IP Logged

Chuck Rogers
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

WAGS:  She Finds The Iron
For Me

South Eastern
Reply #24 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 5:52am

Good packing pays again. Way to go Harry. That box was dropped hard. That's usually how UPS boxes arrive here. Kinda makes you wonder what happened to folks taking pride in doing a good job. Apparently someone at the USPS doesn't see it that way. I'm sure glad Harry does  Smiley Smiley

"As long as a hundred of us remain alive we will never be subject to tyrannical dominion because it is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but for freedom alone which no worthy man loses

IP Logged

Jim Fuchs
WAGS member

Phoenix Works

N.W. Pennsylvania
Reply #25 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 6:07am

Very happy to see all pieces are o.k., Cheryl. Great packing job there Harry !

IP Logged

Albert Hutchison
Forum Visitor

WAGS: The heartbeat of
cast iron collecting.

Knoxville, IA
Reply #26 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 3:24pm

Great packageing Harry and Cheryl love the pcs both well worth the money spent ......

IP Logged

Lee Tigert
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

Detroit, TX
Reply #27 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 6:08pm

Cheryl Thank goodness very thing is ok. Like the pieces Wish I could send pictures the way you do. Good job.

IP Logged

Rebecca McCartney
Forum Visitor

Seattle, WA
Reply #28 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 6:05pm

I think I held my breath all the way through reading that!

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

IP Logged

Paul Okarma
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

Marlborough, MA
Reply #29 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 5:30pm

Glad it turned out o.k.!

It should be a "We're sorry ... your package was trampled by a herd of elephants" sticker.

IP Logged

Dave Nelson
Forum Visitor

cast iron collecting.

Ammon, ID
Reply #30 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 12:57am

Another casualty of poor packaging. This seller stacked the WI on the base with no padding between and just a few pieces of news print in the box for padding.  He now has his broken item back and I am out the return shipping.

image_157.jpg (36 KB | 175 )
image_157.jpg
image_158.jpg (37 KB | 187 )
image_158.jpg
image_159.jpg (29 KB | 175 )
image_159.jpg

"A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned"
(Firefly - Shepherd Derrial Book)

IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #31 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 2:21am

You should NOT be out the return shipping!

Item arrived is NOT as Described, irregardless of the reason.

If this was an ebay item, should have filed the claim thru ebay....

cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Dave Nelson
Forum Visitor

cast iron collecting.

Ammon, ID
Reply #32 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 3:50am

Yes, you are right. I did open a case with eBay. They closed the case when he refunded the purchase and initial shipping.  I gave him an opportunity to do the right thing.  He apparently decided that the negative feedback was preferable despite his (now former) 100% rating.
Having sold quite a few items on eBay -- from a few bux to thousands of dollars -- I value my rating (and my integrity) much higher than he valued his.

"A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned"
(Firefly - Shepherd Derrial Book)

IP Logged

Roger Muse
Forum Visitor

cast iron collecting.

Reply #33 - May 14th, 2014 at 8:43pm

I prefer to pack my CI in styrofoam.

I keep all my shipping material from anything I get packed in styrofoam.  From that I can build a custom fit package that keeps the CI at least 4 inches from the edge of the box and is firm enough not to allow the box to just crush.

Well worth it when you ship something that is fragile and about 150 years old.

IP Logged

Sue Brady
Forum Visitor

La Grande, OR
Reply #34 - May 15th, 2014 at 4:57am

My daughter and I were so excited to get this Andresen heart waffle iron and make fancy waffles.  I almost cried when I opened the box.

Each paddle was wrapped in one piece of newspaper, the three parts were stacked on top of each other, and a few extra single sheets of newspaper were stuffed around the edges.  Priority flat rate box that just barely fit the pieces.

Other than the obvious, it was in really good condition...

IMG_4026.JPG (138 KB | 165 )
IMG_4026.JPG
IMG_4027.JPG (131 KB | 173 )
IMG_4027.JPG

IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #35 - May 15th, 2014 at 5:22am

EBAY? or private... what a shame....
Now you understand why I don't even touch the unpacking without my camera firmly in hand... (as shown previously on this thread).  I always request a pre paid return label if seller requires return of the damaged item.

cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Sue Brady
Forum Visitor

La Grande, OR
Reply #36 - May 15th, 2014 at 8:20pm

It was eBay.  The seller did issue a full refund, and said not to bother sending it back.  So I guess it turned out as well as could be expected.  It's still disappointing.

IP Logged

Mark R. Smith
WAGS member

cast iron collecting.

Denton, TX
Reply #37 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:45pm

I thought I was jinxed. I had bought a Griswold WI on eBay for a fair price had the right numbers and was a high base. When I got it the seller had packed the two plates together and the 314 plate had the ball joint knocked off. He refunded most of the price and I got to keep the pieces. Bought another Griswold WI same plates Slant logo short base. Got it today and the same thing had happened to the same 314 plate. Waiting to see what will be done on it.

Seller refunded price and shipping also said keep it stuff as it was broken. So now I have two broken WI with the same plate broken. Also a high base with bail and a low base.

I did find two Aluminum Griswold 608 irons for almost nothing may clean and use them.

IP Logged

Mark Zizzi
WAGS member

Doesn't like warped bottoms

Upstate NY
Reply #38 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 9:30pm

Unbelievable. Way to go Harry. What was in the box, Cheryl..a WI?

IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #39 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 3:40am

Mark Zizzi wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 9:30pm:
What was in the box, Cheryl..a WI?

Mark, go back to page 1 to view the contents of that mangled box... there were 5 pieces in it, including 3 Red & Cream pieces in perfect condition... which had heightened my anxiety levels!!  They are soooo hard to find in that condition...

cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Mark Zizzi
WAGS member

Upstate NY
Reply #40 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 11:05am

Whoopsie! Didn't notice I was on page 2. Now that's one heck of a packing job Harry..and good thing too.  Smiley

I also saw a couple posts from Karen Kale..I wonder what happened to her, she used to post a lot. Huh It says she's still a member..hope she's ok. Karen are you out there? *wavin'* Wink

IP Logged

Karen Kale
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

Reply #41 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 1:09am

Hi Mark, not to worry, all is well! I've been on a bit of a posting hiatus, you know how it goes, life has gotten in the way ... but I'm still here! Smiley

IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #42 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 9:49pm

Now this is how to pack Cast Iron!

This one used Hard Styrofoam, (lots of litty bitty white stuff shedding) but it did it's job! to protect the DOUBLE boxed piece!

WAGS members got it going on!!

Dick Giles, the eagle landed safely with only one slight tear in a corner of the outer box.  Smiley

DSCN5402__800x600_.jpg (228 KB | 147 )
DSCN5402__800x600_.jpg
DSCN5403__800x600_.jpg (228 KB | 145 )
DSCN5403__800x600_.jpg
DSCN5404__800x600_.jpg (223 KB | 165 )
DSCN5404__800x600_.jpg
cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #43 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 9:50pm

Customized and cut to fit....

DSCN5408__800x600_.jpg (212 KB | 144 )
DSCN5408__800x600_.jpg
DSCN5411__800x600_.jpg (207 KB | 150 )
DSCN5411__800x600_.jpg
DSCN5413__800x600_.jpg (241 KB | 153 )
DSCN5413__800x600_.jpg
cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Jim Glatthaar
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

White Plains, NY
Reply #44 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 5:17am

Now, Cheryl, didn't you just recently say you wouldn't be buying any bundt pans anytime soon?

IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #45 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 5:24am

Uh-Oh... you caught me!

Guess I lied........... Cool

But I didn't mean to....

but..but...but...... Cool

It has an Original Label!!!

cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Jim Glatthaar
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

White Plains, NY
Reply #46 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 5:54am

As they say in my line of work ... A likely story!

But I'm not sure who caught who: you found and bought a bundt pan when all of WAGS was not expecting you to be looking!

IP Logged

C. Perry Rapier
WAGS member

Greenville
Reply #47 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 1:31pm

Jim after she cleans that bundt pan she'll be sorry she bought it. They sure are a bear to clean. Good luck Cheryl. I got a couple of them. I been going around one for a couple years that needs finished cleaning. They are right up there with waffle irons being tough to clean. Another tough piece is the big Favorite Muffin Pan.

<div style=

IP Logged

Keith Rumgay
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

Milwaukie ,Oregon
Reply #48 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 4:19pm

Perry I think Cheryl well not be cleaning this one it has the  ORIGINAL LABEL she well just have to dust it off now and then. Nice find Cheryl

IP Logged

Marge Knowles
WAGS member

central Illinois
Reply #49 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 4:25pm

Perry, I don't think cleaning my big Favorite muffin pan was no where near as bad as waffle irons.   I have only done one Bundt,  and it was a challenge.   finally got my lye tank up yesterday.  happy happy!

IP Logged

C. Perry Rapier
WAGS member

Greenville
Reply #50 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 2:45am

Keith Rumgay wrote on Apr 5th, 2015 at 4:19pm:
Perry I think Cheryl well not be cleaning this one it has the  ORIGINAL LABEL she well just have to dust it off now and then. Nice find Cheryl

OOOOOOhhhhhh. Thank you for pointing this out Keith about it having the original label in it. That is something for sure.  Shocked

I scrolled through the posts but I can't see what kind it was/is. So if its there I must have missed it. And if I didn't miss it which one is it Cheryl. Thats pretty impressive. I sure have never seen a bundt pan with the label in it. A Griswold one of them, not so long ago, was bring eight hundred dollars easy enough.

And hello Marge. Is this your first lye tank or are you just setting it for the season or something like that? If you have never had a lye tank you will just love it for what it does. Folks make etanks, and they are nice, but when you put everything in the lye bath first, you'll cut out around 90% of your cleaning in the etank. But newbies like to use it cause its fun to use when you first set it up. I know this because, like you all, I wore the wheels off my etank. I was running it 24/7, just looking for rusty stuff to clean.  Shocked

<div style=

IP Logged

Marge Knowles
WAGS member

central Illinois
Reply #51 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 3:49am

Perry, I have always used a lye tank.   I don't use electro tank very often.      I was just happy to get it set up for the season.............it has been a LONG winter.

IP Logged

Scott Ryan
WAGS member

cast iron collecting.

Danielsville, PA
Reply #52 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 10:38pm

Another one bites the dust.

w5r523f__Small_.jpg (100 KB | 131 )
w5r523f__Small_.jpg
f9rFend__Small_.jpg (84 KB | 137 )
f9rFend__Small_.jpg
C50Uaes__Small_.jpg (107 KB | 128 )
C50Uaes__Small_.jpg

IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #53 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 9:05pm

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

I knew the minute I pulled it from the mailbox, and heard the 'rattle'

Box in perfect condition.

But... but... but..

Angry Angry Angry

DSCN0729__Medium_.JPG (125 KB | 81 )
DSCN0729__Medium_.JPG
DSCN0731__Medium_.JPG (217 KB | 92 )
DSCN0731__Medium_.JPG
DSCN0732__Medium_.JPG (248 KB | 113 )
DSCN0732__Medium_.JPG
cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Mark Zizzi
WAGS member

Upstate NY
Reply #54 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:09pm

Cheryl, is that how it was packed with no padding at all?  Shocked
Was it an ebay purchase?

IP Logged

Marge Knowles
WAGS member

central Illinois
Reply #55 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:14pm

WHO even tries to ship a toy skillet in a small flat rate box?  Undecided   I considered it once, but didn't take the risk.

IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #56 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:31pm

Mark Zizzi wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:09pm:
Cheryl, is that how it was packed with no padding at all?  Shocked
Was it an ebay purchase?

Yes that it how it was shipped.

Nada... Zero... Nuthin' in the box but the skillet and AIR.... Sad

Yup... another Ebay fiasco......

cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #57 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:34pm

Marge Knowles wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:14pm:
WHO even tries to ship a toy skillet in a small flat rate box?  Undecided   I considered it once, but didn't take the risk.

It probably would have been okay IF it had been wrapped with several layers of bubble wrap.  (not my preferred size box, but most the ebay sellers stuff the toys into this size flat rate, in spite of pleading with them not to).

cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Cheryl Watson
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

The HersheyPark Kitty

Reply #58 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 10:41pm

Let's not forget the Popcorn Box experience.....

Cheesy

http://www.griswoldandwagner.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1434234654

cheryl.watson.1291  
IP Logged

Jim Glatthaar
WAGS member

Iron Cookware Collecting

White Plains, NY
Reply #59 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:31am

Cheryl, I never saw that thread before.  It makes sense that you are a trained investigator.  Anyone who works for you probably has the best preserved evidence for their cases Wink

IP Logged

Mark Zizzi
WAGS member

Upstate NY
Reply #60 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 3:25pm

Man how lazy can you get..what a shame. What does it say on that piece..Brighton? Hard to read. I'd love to know what you've said to that seller since opening the box. Not sure it could be printed here though.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print