Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
WAGS Society

HomeHelp FAQ Search WAGS Membership Info Reproductions Cleaning & Restoration WAGS Home URL Educational Links Eye Candy LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PASTA, NOODLES, ETC. (Read 8435 times)
C. B. Williams
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

WAGS: The heartbeat of
collecting cookware!

Meridian, MS
PASTA, NOODLES, ETC.
Oct 13th, 2004 at 1:38pm

SHRIMP PASTA
, by Greg Stahl

Boil water and make your favorite Pasta.  At the same time you are doing this, do the following: 

Take a #9 cast iron skillet and get it hot, add 3 tablespoons of butter and mince up about 3-6 garlic cloves (if you are like me, make it about 10 cloves).  Saute until light brown, then add the shrimp (1 pound)(defrosted).  Sauted until almost done, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 cup of white wine.  Reduce the fluids to about 1 cup and add in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch that is mixed in 1/4 cup of water.  Thicken the mixture, then at the last moment, add in about 1/4 cup of heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste.  Add this dish on top of your pasta. 

Hold still rabbit, so I can cook you.

IP Logged

C. B. Williams
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

collecting cookware!

Meridian, MS
Re: PASTA, NOODLES, ETC.
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 12:56pm

MAC AND CHEESE (EMERIL) BY CAROL FOX            (serves two).  

Cook 4 oz. casserole size elbow macaroni until just "al dente" then rinse under cold water to prevent sticking and hold aside.  Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 and butter a 1-quart dish (or skillet) with 1/2 tbsp. of the butter and set aside.

3 T UNSALTED butter
3 T flour
1.5 C milk
--------------
1/2 t salt
1/8 t pepper
pinch cayenne (do not omit)
1.25 C grated cheddar
---------------
1/4 C bread crumbs
1/2 t Emeril's essence

Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat.  Add flour and stirring constantly, cook over med. heat for 3-4 min., being careful not to let the flour brown!  Using a whisk, add the milk in a steady stream and cook, whisking constantly, until thick and smooth, about 4 minutes.  (This will suddenly thicken all at once).  Immediately remove from heat.  Add the salt, pepper, cayenne and cheese and stir well.  Add the noodles and stir again.  Pour into prepared dish (skillet).

Combine breadcrumbs and BAM and sprinkle evenly over top, then bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 25 minutes.  Let this rest about 5 minutes before serving.
HEAVEN!!!!!!!

IP Logged

C. B. Williams
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

collecting cookware!

Meridian, MS
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 4:21pm

Spaghetti Fritatta by: Jim Maloney

SPAGHETTI FRITATTA:

3-4 C     leftover pasta (with sauce)
1 med        yellow onion  diced
1                red pepper - diced
1/2 lb          mushrooms - sliced
1-2 cloves    garlic - very fine mince
1 can          diced tomatoes - drained (or use sun dried - chopped)
10 leaves    basil - shredded or chiffonade
1/4 C       grated parmesan cheese
8-10            eggs - beaten
                salt, pepper, olive oil

Heat your oven to 375. On the cooktop, heat up a #8 skillet on med heat then add 2-3 Tbsp olive oil & let it heat.  Add the onions, peppers & mushrooms (S&P to taste) & cook until the mushrooms have given up their liquid and begin to brown.  Make a bare spot in the middle of the pan, put a tsp of oil, add the garlic & stir.  When the garlic turns white (and smells great) mix together with the rest of the pan & add the tomatoes & basil.  Cook until most of the free liquid is gone.  Add the pasta, stir & heat through.  You want everything to be fairly dry here, no runny liquid.  Beat the eggs (S&P to taste) & add half the cheese.  Pour the eggs into the pan & stir to get everything mixed well.  Now just let it cook for a little while until the sides seem to firm up a bit.  Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top and pop it into the oven for about 40 minutes. If the center still wiggles, give it more time - it should be pretty solid.

To serve, run a spatula or table knife around the sides & under the bottom as much as you can.  Invert a plate over the pan & flip over.  If your pan's well seasoned, it'll come right out.  Put another plate on the bottom & invert again so the cheesy crispy top is up.  At this point I like to drizzle some olive oil (the best you have) over it. Cut into slices like a pie.  Serve it warm or at room temp - both are good.  You can sauce it with warmed pasta sauce, ketchup or, my favorite, Salsa.

It's harder to describe than to make & you can make it real plain or real fancy - dressed up, it's always a hit as an appetizer at our parties.

IP Logged

C. B. Williams
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

collecting cookware!

Meridian, MS
Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 1:06am

GARDEN SPAGHETTI by: Drew Frank

1/2 chicken breast, cooked & shredded (or 2 - 6oz cans precooked chicken)
olive oil
1 small summer squash, peeled, sliced, quartered
2 pods Okra, sliced
1 small green pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
16 oz can tomato sauce
fresh herbs - your choice. I used basil, rosemary and parsley since that's what was growing well this week
salt / pepper
crushed red pepper

1/2 pound angel hair pasta

Coat #9 skillet with olive oil and add the squash, okra and green peppers. Simmer over medium heat until tender. Stir!

After initial ingredients are tender, add the onion, garlic and tomato sauce. Turn heat to low, simmer for another 5 minutes. Keep stirring. Add fresh herbs, salt & pepper, and cooked chicken. Add crushed red peppers to taste. (I like a little bite to my sauce).

While simmering, start your pasta. I add a splash of olive oil and salt to the water before boiling. (cook until just tender).
When pasta is done, drain.
Remove sauce from heat, place in a serving bowl (I don't like to serve from my skillets...)

Once on the plate, we added Parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!

IP Logged

C. B. Williams
Forum Administrator
WAGS member

collecting cookware!

Meridian, MS
Reply #4 - May 8th, 2013 at 2:14pm

FAVORITE PASTA: C. B. Williams

This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. It is also one of the easiest to prepare.  
Ingredients:
cooked pasta-(mostaccioli, pennoni, rigatoni, or similar)
2 - deli baked chicken breasts (diced)
1 can - artichoke hearts (root trimmed and quartered)
1 small can - black olives (sliced)
1 jar alfredo sauce
half and half milk
parmesan
6 to 8 - cremini mushrooms (cut off stem and slice)
olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic to taste

Heat a skillet with a little olive oil, add sliced mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes. (note: the mushrooms are the only thing not already cooked in this dish) Add diced chicken, artichokes, drained black olives, and the sauce. Now to get a thinner consistency, add some half and half as needed, (2 or 3 ozs.) and allow to get hot. Taste and add salt, pepper, garlic, and some olive oil to your liking.  Put this on top of your favorite pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan and enjoy. This could be made a lot more difficult by cooking the chicken and making the sauce. I'm far too lazy for that.   
   Note: I have made this many times without the half and half, just use a bit more alfredo sauce.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print